The experience you need to find justice and compensation for your injuries
For airbags to be truly effective, they must deploy at the proper moment. Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case. In the United States, approximately 60 people lose their lives in incidents involving airbag failure each year, while thousands of victims are injured.
If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident involving a faulty airbag, it is important to understand your legal options for pursuing compensation for your losses. At The Law Offices of Michael B. Morsillo, Esq., we understand the confusion and frustration you may feel after suffering an injury due to an airbag. We also understand how important it is to recover compensation for all of your losses – without compensation, you face significant financial hardship in addition to the physical and emotional trauma of the accident.
We understand the causes of airbag-related injuries
Defective airbags can malfunction in many ways; regardless of the manner in which they fail, malfunctioning airbags can lead to tragic consequences. We represent victims who have been injured in accidents caused by a range of airbag failures, including:
- Deployment failure: Airbags are designed to protect the inhabitants of a vehicle from the force of impact during a crash. If an airbag fails to deploy, the vehicle’s inhabitants are at risk of suffering serious trauma which may lead to head, neck, brain or spinal cord injuries.
- Delayed deployment: If an airbag deploys too late to protect the occupants of a vehicle, the results can be tragic. Not only are the occupants not protected during the crash, but the late deployment may actually cause additional injuries.
- Accidental deployment: If an airbag deploys while the vehicle is in motion and no crash is imminent, the driver and passengers of the car face significant danger. Accidental deployment of an airbag may cause the driver to lose control of the vehicle, leading to a crash.
We hold responsible parties accountable for your losses
In faulty airbag injury cases, the manufacturer of the airbag may be liable for the losses you have sustained, including those related to medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering or the death of a loved one.
To help you pursue justice for your injuries, we take many steps, including:
- Building your case for compensation: The first and most important step in your personal injury case is to gather evidence from the scene, consult witnesses to the crash and recreate the events leading to the accident. Our knowledge of evidence gathering strategies and relationships with several accident and medical experts allows us to gather the evidence and data needed to build the strongest possible case.
- Identifying the liable party: To successfully recover compensation for your losses, it is important to identify the liable party responsible for the airbag malfunction. The liable party may range from the automobile maker to a third party parts manufacturer.
- Negotiating a settlement: Once we have built your case and identified the liable party or parties, we attempt to negotiate a settlement that covers all of your losses. Our extensive negotiation experience allows us to conduct assertive and productive discussions with the liable party and their insurance providers.
- Proving your case in court: Should a settlement be impossible or against your best interests, we take your case to court to pursue a judgment for compensation. We have successfully represented countless accident victims in court, giving us the experience and strategic knowledge needed to litigate your claim.
Discuss your case today with our Ft. Lauderdale airbag failure injury attorney
At The Law Offices of Michael B. Morsillo, Esq., we offer free consultations to give you the opportunity to discuss your case without cost or obligation. You’ll meet with our Ft. Lauderdale airbag failure injury lawyer at a time and place that is most convenient for you – we’ll even come visit you in the hospital or at your home if necessary. We also provide our services on a contingency-fee basis, meaning that you are not responsible for legal fees unless we help you recover compensation.
Call 954-202-0408 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation with our Ft. Lauderdale airbag accident attorney today.