We understand your loss
Losing a loved one is never easy. Losing a loved one suddenly and without warning is devastating, especially when the loved one is lost in an accident that could have been avoided. If your family has lost a loved one in an accident caused by another party’s negligence, you have the right to pursue compensation for your losses, and to hold the negligent party accountable for their actions.
At The Law Offices of Michael B. Morsillo, Esq., we know that wrongful death cases are naturally emotional proceedings; holding a negligent party responsible for the pain and grief they have caused can be troubling. To help ease the emotional trauma of your legal proceedings, we provide the compassionate and detailed support you need during your legal proceedings. On your behalf, we manage all aspects of your case, all while working to recover the compensation you are entitled to as quickly and painlessly as possible.
We represent families who have lost loved ones in many types of accidents, including:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Commercial truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Premises liability accidents
We won’t rest until you have found justice for your loss
We have the skills and experience needed to help you explore every available legal strategy during your search for justice.
Whether you wish to attempt to negotiate a settlement or take your case to trial, we pursue the maximum compensation for all of your losses, including:
- Medical care: The families of wrongful death victims are entitled to compensation for the costs of medical care rendered before the victim’s passing. Costs associated with emergency care, surgeries and other treatment are compensable.
- Loss of consortium: The loss of a loved one is a life-altering, devastating experience. While it is impossible to recover the plans you had or the joy you shared, you are entitled to compensation for the loss of the deceased’s companionship and role in your life. This compensation won’t bring back your loved one, but it may help to alleviate financial concerns as you focus on dealing with your grief.
- Loss of potential income: The families of wrongful death victims are entitled to compensation for lost income that the deceased may have earned over the course of their future career. Obtaining this compensation helps the victim’s family avoid hardship, and is especially important if the deceased played a large role in supporting the family financially.
- Funeral expenses: The costs of a funeral can quickly drain a family’s finances. State and federal laws allow the families of wrongful death victims to seek compensation for funeral costs from the liable party.
- Grief counseling: The grief you feel after losing a loved one may become overwhelming. Should you require professional assistance addressing your grief, you may be entitled to compensation for the costs of therapy or grief counseling.
Contact our experienced Ft. Lauderdale wrongful death attorney for personalized advice and guidance
At The Law Offices of Michael B. Morsillo, we know that when you’ve lost a loved one, it can be difficult to understand who to turn to for advice on your legal options. We also know that it can be difficult to make informed, rational decisions while dealing with the grief of your loss.
To help alleviate some of your concerns, we provide free, no-obligation consultations to give you the opportunity to discuss your case. We also provide our services on a contingency-fee basis, meaning that you are not responsible for legal fees unless we help you recover compensation.
Call 954-202-0408 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation with our Ft. Lauderdale wrongful death lawyer today.