Protecting the rights of pedestrians for more than 20 years
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, more than 8,400 pedestrians were struck by vehicles in 2013 alone. Of the pedestrians involved in these accidents, more than 7,500 suffered severe injuries, and another 500 tragically lost their lives.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident resulting from another party’s negligence, you have the right to pursue justice for all losses resulting from the event.
At The Law Offices of Michael B. Morsillo, Esq., we leverage more than 20 years of experience to help pedestrian accident victims who have suffered a wide range of injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Neck and head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Amputation and loss of limb
- Spinal cord injuries
- Loss of life
Aggressively seeking compensation for all your losses
The financial costs of a pedestrian accident can add up quickly, especially when your injuries are severe, with life-long effects. To help you avoid financial hardship after your accident, we pursue compensation for all of your losses, including:
- Medical bills: The costs of medical care are astounding, especially when the patient has suffered severe injuries. As a victim, you have the right to pursue compensation for all medical bills, including the cost of physical therapy, ongoing treatment programs and any medical devices or equipment that are required during or after your recovery.
- Lost wages: Few victims are able to return to work in the days, weeks or even months following an injury. As a victim, you have the right to pursue compensation for lost wages resulting from your injuries. By pursuing payment for these hours, victims are able to avoid the financial hardship of going without a regular paycheck.
- Pain and suffering: While the pain of an injury varies from victim to victim, it is safe to say that each injured party suffers physical and emotional pain. As a victim, you have the right to pursue compensation for your pain and suffering, and any medical or therapeutic treatment necessary to address the issue.
Compassionate support for families who have lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident
In cases involving the tragic loss of life, we represent family members of the victim in an effort to help them find justice, and to put them in a better position financially. It’s true that no amount of money can replace the deceased, but eliminating your financial worries gives you the breathing room you need to focus on your grief.
In addition to the expenses related to medical care, we help the families of wrongful death victims recover compensation for:
- Loss of consortium: The loss of a loved one leaves a gaping hole in our lives that is likely never to be filled. If you have lost a family member due to another party’s negligence, you have the right to pursue compensation for loss of consortium, or the loss of your loved one’s companionship.
- Loss of potential income: The loss of a loved one may leave your family in dire financial straits, especially if the deceased played a large role in supporting the family financially. The families of wrongful death victims have the right to pursue compensation for the deceased’s lost income, both present and future income they would have earned.
- Funeral expenses: After losing a loved one, the last thing you want to worry about is the costs of the funeral. In wrongful death cases, the victim’s family has the right to pursue compensation for any and all funeral expenses.
Schedule a free consultation with our Ft. Lauderdale pedestrian accident attorney today
The costs of a pedestrian accident are extensive, both financially and emotionally. If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, it is time to take action. By contacting The Law Offices of Michael B. Morsillo, Esq as quickly as possible after the accident, you give us the opportunity to begin gathering evidence while it is still fresh and interview witnesses when their memories are still vivid.
To help alleviate some of your concerns, we provide free, no-obligation consultations to give you the opportunity to discuss your case. We also provide our services on a contingency-fee basis, meaning that you are not responsible for legal fees unless we help you recover compensation.
To discuss your rights and legal options during a free consultation with our Ft. Lauderdale pedestrian accident lawyer, call 954-202-0408 or contact us online today.