Let us shoulder your legal burdens while you recover
Florida roadways played host to more than 320,000 car accidents in 2013. Side impact collisions accounted for a large percentage of these accidents. Side impact crashes also accounted for a large number of injuries and fatalities.
If you have been injured in a side impact accident that wasn’t your fault, it is important to understand your rights as a victim. You have the right to pursue compensation for all of your losses, including medical bills, lost wages, car repair and more. At The Law Offices of Michael B. Morsillo, Esq., we provide the comprehensive and compassionate legal support you need to pursue compensation for all of your losses.
We hold negligent parties responsible for their actions
When a driver acts carelessly or negligently behind the wheel, accidents are bound to happen. Holding negligent drivers responsible for injuries resulting from a side impact accident they caused is an important step in protecting the victim from unnecessary financial hardship.
Our Ft. Lauderdale auto accident injury attorney fights for victims who have been injured in side impact collisions caused by a wide range of factors, including:
- Texting while driving: Today’s news headlines are full of stories about car accidents caused by texting while driving. When a driver takes their eye off the road to read or send a text, even for a second, the results can be devastating and tragic. Fortunately, changes in the law and the way law enforcement investigates suspected texting while driving accidents have made it less challenging to hold the careless driver liable for their actions.
- Distracted driving: Texting is not the only distraction drivers face while behind the wheel. A split second distraction caused by something as simple as changing the radio station, reaching for a drink or turning on a GPS system can lead to an accident.
- Drunk driving: Alcohol plays a role in far too many accidents on Ft. Lauderdale area roadways. Even a single drink can impair a driver’s ability to react to avoid an accident; multiple drinks in a short period of time can turn a driver into an accident waiting to happen.
- Speeding: Excessive speed plays a role in far too many accidents each year. When a vehicle is traveling at an excessive speed, the driver’s ability to stop or make evasive maneuvers to avoid an accident are severely compromised.
- Vehicle maintenance issues: The failure of any critical system on a vehicle, such as the brakes or steering linkage, may lead to a side impact accident. If a mechanical failure leads to a crash, multiple parties may hold liability, including the driver of the vehicle, a repair shop that performed subpar work or even the manufacturer of the vehicle or part that failed.
We represent side impact accident victims suffering a wide range of injuries
Side impact collisions are often traumatic events due to the inherent weaknesses of car doors and side bracing. We have successfully represented victims and their families who have suffered from a wide range of injuries and conditions resulting from side impact accidents, including:
- Broken bones
- Neck and head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Amputation and loss of limb
- Spinal cord injuries
- Loss of life
Begin the process of pursuing compensation – contact our Ft. Lauderdale personal injury firm today
Addressing the complexities of a personal injury case can be difficult under the best of circumstances. When dealing with an injury, managing the legal process is all but impossible. Our Ft. Lauderdale personal injury attorney works diligently to provide the detailed and informative advice you need to understand your rights and your legal options. Throughout your proceedings, we handle all of your legal matters, allowing you to focus on recovering from your injuries.
At The Law Offices of Michael B. Morsillo, Esq., we offer free consultations and provide our services on a contingency-fee basis, meaning that you are not responsible for legal fees unless we help you recover compensation.
Call 954-202-0408 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case with our Ft. Lauderdale side impact accident attorney.