Slip and fall accidents can cause serious injuries
Throughout the course of any given day, we visit multiple public and private properties, including stores, businesses, private homes and public property. In many cases, our visits are safe and simple. In other cases, however, injuries may occur from unforeseen slip and fall accidents. If you or a loved one have been injured in a slip and fall accident on another party’s property, it is important to explore your rights to pursue compensation for your losses.
At The Law Offices of Michael B. Morsillo, Esq., our Ft. Lauderdale slip and fall attorney leverages more than 20 years of experience to represent slip and fall victims throughout the Ft. Lauderdale and South Florida area. We have the skill and experience needed to help you pursue compensation for all losses resulting from a slip and fall injury, including:
- Medical care
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Ongoing treatment
Common causes of slip and fall accidents
Slip and fall accidents can be caused by a wide range of factors. We have successfully represented clients who have been injured in slip and fall injuries caused by:
- Debris: Loose debris, such as garbage or newspapers present slip, trip and fall hazards. Victims who slip or trip on loose debris may suffer a wide range of injuries, including broken bones, head and neck trauma and more.
- Wet flooring: When flooring becomes wet, the surface becomes slippery. Whether the floor was recently cleaned or moisture has accumulated from a leak, the situation presents danger for unsuspecting visitors.
- Loose tiling: Few visitors to a home or public store make the effort to ensure the floor they are walking on is free from defect. Loose and broken tiles can catch visitors unaware, opening the possibility of an accident.
- Frayed carpeting: Poorly maintained carpeting can become frayed or loose, opening the potential for slipping or tripping accidents.
- Uneven sidewalks: As sidewalks age, they may settle unevenly or experience cracking. Uneven sidewalks open the possibility of a visitor tripping and experiencing significant injuries.
Take action immediately after your accident
To improve your chances of obtaining the compensation you deserve, it is important to:
- Photograph the scene of the accident
- Identify potential witnesses
- Seek medical attention immediately, even if your injuries seem minor
- Preserve the clothing and footwear worn during the accident
- Contact an experienced Ft. Lauderdale slip and fall lawyer
Unfortunately, completing these steps can be difficult, especially if your injuries are severe. The most important thing to remember is to avoid talking to any insurance providers without the guidance of an attorney. In many cases, insurance companies attempt to trick you into admitting fault for the accident, or try to get you to accept a low-ball settlement offer.
With our Ft. Lauderdale slip and fall attorney in your corner, you won’t have to worry about the high-pressure tactics of insurance companies or their legal teams. We handle all communications with these parties, and explore every legal option available to help you recover the maximum compensation you are due.
Contact us to schedule a free consultation with our Ft. Lauderdale slip and fall lawyer
If you have been injured as the result of a property owner’s negligence, it is important to understand your rights as a victim. To help you understand your rights and your legal options our staff at The Law Offices of Michael B. Morsillo, Esq. is proud to offer free, no-obligation consultations with our Ft. Lauderdale premises liability attorney. We also provide our services on a contingency-fee basis, meaning that you are not responsible for legal fees unless we help you recover compensation.
To schedule your free consultation with our Ft. Lauderdale slip and fall attorney, call 954-202-0408 or contact us online today.